BILLY GRAHAM SPEAKS IN TONGUES

A place to just chat with your friends

Moderators: steph1183, eejay, LuvJesusGurl, euph312, *GodsChild*, tillie, Gangstapunkstar

BILLY GRAHAM SPEAKS IN TONGUES

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:32 pm

I was just wondering for all of those people who say that speaking in tongues is of the devil and still support Billy Graham if they've heard this? btw Thank God for Billy Graham understanding the true power(the next step if you will) of the holy spirit. May we all experience that power and open our hearts to it.

so here is that info:

Mr. P: Billy Graham said that he was ashamed because his denomination forbids speaking in tongues - a lot of people don't realize that Billy Graham (a great man, by the way) knows that this verse is in the Bible: "Forbid not to speak in tongues".
Anonymous

Postby mad4jc_ » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:27 am

dat verse is in da Bible?
(:
mad4jc_

Postby Geoff274544 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:08 pm

Could you please quote the verse in its entire context?

Thanks and God Bless Billy Graham
Many kno the Anti Christ and what Verichip are doing. Little know Christ and what he is doing. This is Deception! Only the People in the Glory will survive the coming Days!
Geoff274544

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:57 pm

On 27-07-2004 17:08 Geoff274544 wrote:
Could you please quote the verse in its entire context?

Thanks and God Bless Billy Graham

1 Corinthians 14:39
Anonymous

Postby biblescholar4732 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:49 pm

I don't understand why his denomination would not allow speaking in tongues when it is a fruit or gift of the Holy Spirit(I Corinthians 12:1-11). How could he be ashamed of the Holy Spirit I just don't get what authority they have to keep the Spirit from manifesting Himself. God Bless.
hEiScOmInGbAcKsOoN
biblescholar4732

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:24 pm

On 27-07-2004 18:49 biblescholar4732 wrote:
I don't understand why his denomination would not allow speaking in tongues when it is a fruit or gift of the Holy Spirit(I Corinthians 12:1-11). How could he be ashamed of the Holy Spirit I just don't get what authority they have to keep the Spirit from manifesting Himself. God Bless.

Biblescholar,

there are many people both prominent and minor who have in all ways made this a law for their faith. They accept the revelations of the holy spirit yet deny the power of the holy spirite, plainly said: they have a religion without a relationship. The unfortunate thing is that many of these same people are called the pride and joy of christianity by many. I just thank God for people like Billy Graham who have stepped outside of the religion box and into the world of the spirit and as a result have become great members in the body of christ as opposed to just a warm body passing through. God forgive the devilry that has entranced many who call upon the name of christ.

biblescholar: NEVER DENY THE TRUTH OF THE SPIRIT FOR WHEN YOU DO YOU DENY THE POWER THEREOF. GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER
Anonymous

Postby Generationyouth » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:09 pm

Biblescholar, just so you know Tongues is a Gift not a Fruit. :P

God bless Billy Graham!
"P.S. Honestly, I want to live completely for God. It's hard and scary, but totally worth it." Cassie Bernall

"Who else do you know that keep the universe from crumbling into dust?"
Generationyouth

Postby zeke28 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:15 pm

its the same as some people that say that your not a christian unless you speak in tongues.. i was told one time that i was demoned possed myself, by a person from the bible baptise church in florida.. they would hold sign s out in front of clubs with drawings of people in hell, and scream at people that didn't say what they wanted to hear.most people didn't even pay any attention to them sadly if enough. most did it to earn points and favor at their school...not for love, and all i could think about is how paul talking about how if you are not doing it out of love you are nothing but i clanking cymbal...
zeke28

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:33 pm

On 27-07-2004 22:15 zeke28 wrote:
its the same as some people that say that your not a christian unless you speak in tongues.. i was told one time that i was demoned possed myself, by a person from the bible baptise church in florida.. they would hold sign s out in front of clubs with drawings of people in hell, and scream at people that didn't say what they wanted to hear.most people didn't even pay any attention to them sadly if enough. most did it to earn points and favor at their school...not for love, and all i could think about is how paul talking about how if you are not doing it out of love you are nothing but i clanking cymbal...

I agree zeke. However, if somebody where to say deny that it would happen then they would be denying the power of God. While they may not be possesed by a demon they are getting the wrong impression of the spirit from the devil.
Anonymous

Postby biblescholar4732 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:14 pm

On 27-07-2004 20:09 Generationyouth wrote:
Biblescholar, just so you know Tongues is a Gift not a Fruit. :P

God bless Billy Graham!

Ok whatever smart guy. Lol did you not see I put both because i wasn't sure. Thanks anyway. God Bless.
hEiScOmInGbAcKsOoN
biblescholar4732

Next

Return to General Talk